Possibly. PALCS cannot officially request student records (transcripts, medical records) from your former school until after you enroll your student. As we request these records for the enrollment process, you should contact the local district and request these documents before PALCS enrollment.

Within 15 days of PALCS enrollment, PALCS will send an official form to the student’s local district. This lets them know the student enrolled. It also tells them to send the student’s records to PALCS. Local districts sometimes need families to sign other withdrawal papers. So it is best to check with the local district before you enroll your student in PALCS to see if they will need follow-up.

During the school year, do not withdraw your student from your local district until your orientation with PALCS.