Several factors make PALCS a unique cyber school experience. Such as:
- Flexible scheduling, as teachers post lessons in advance and are available 24/7.
- PA certified teachers, many with life experience in their subjects, giving direct instruction.
- Families interacting daily with teachers, as they host live classrooms, give individual feedback, and send daily messages to students.
- Electronically recorded grades in a regularly updated gradebook accessible to students and parents at all times.
- Curriculum from a variety of publishers, carefully chosen to work best in the home setting. We partner with the finest online curriculum companies and many of our textbooks have online pieces.
- Teachers who design their own courses, drawing upon the best resources available, each lesson enhanced with the teacher’s personal style.
- A tiered, complete course of study for grades K-12. Many courses are more rigorous than normal courses and all with Extra-Curricular Activities.
- An emphasis on computer, typing and writing skills from an early age. Good communication skills are important for effective leadership.
- PALCS is an independently run cyber charter program. Some other PA Cyber Charter Schools are managed by national corporations or by local school district Intermediate Units.
Differences to look for among cyber schools tend to regard daily structure, curriculum, and teacher involvement — click the links to learn more about how PALCS works. You can find the complete list of both brick-and-mortar and cyber charter schools in PA on the PA Department of Education website.
We are proud of the work we do and our student accomplishments. You may wish to hear directly from PALCS families on our Facebook page, or read our #1 cyber school reviews on niche.com. We encourage families to peruse our website or contact us for details or discuss your specific situation and why PALCS may be the right fit for your family.