January 18th marked the opening of the Center for Performing and Fine Arts (CPFA) Winter Art Exhibition at PA Leadership’s CPFA building located in West Chester, PA.
This 2018 winter exhibition features student artwork from all of the middle and high school students enrolled in CPFA fine arts classes. The opening reception took place from 4:00 – 7:30pm, and the CPFA middle and high school Jazz Band provided music for the evening.
Some highlights and themes of the show include:
- photographic responses to the Philadelphia Mural Arts tour CPFA field trip
- celebrating Latino culture graphic design posters
- works from the celebrated Mexican “Day of the Dead” festivities
- middle school powerful & bold “expression” self-portraits in charcoal
- AP photography student self-portraits, including inspired re-creations of Frida Kahlo paintings
Click through some photos from the show!
CPFA is a cyber-blended pre-professional arts program for students in grades 6-12 enrolled here at PALCS. CPFA opened in the fall of 2005 and today has an enrollment of more than 200 middle and high school students. Students study four main disciplines: theatre, music, dance and fine arts. CPFA is currently accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year.
What a wonderful display of the students and their extraordinary talents! Their hard work and dedication is clearly displayed throughout the exhibition and we are so honored to have them represent our school. Congratulations to each student whose work is on display throughout the exhibition as well as their wonderful CPFA instructors!