Making an MP3 Recording with Audacity
- Open Audacity from the desktop
- Be sure your microphone is properly connected and the sound settings are adjusted, then click the Record button (red circle) and start speaking
- You will see volume peaks as you speak – this indicates your computer is picking you your voice. Click Stop (yellow square) when finished
- Click the Play button (green triangle) to listen to your recording
- To save, go to File > Export
- In the drop-down file menu under the File name, choose MP3 Files
- Give your file a name and pay attention to your Save In location so you can find your file later, then click Save
- You do not have to enter anything in the Edit Metadata settings, just click OK
If your computer mentions needing a file named "lame_enc.dll" to save as MP3s:
- Close Audacity if it is open
- Go to Computer on your desktop > Software Catalog/Zenworks Adaptive Agent > Media > right-click Audacity
- Click "Verify"
- After the program runs, try opening Audacity again
If your computer is not picking up your voice, try these headset troubleshooting techniques. Otherwise, please call our Help Desk at 1-877-PALCS-TLC.
Other Related Support Topics ...