Opening and Saving a Presentation
Saving a Presentation
Saving an LibreOffice Impress presentation is the standard method of saving a file on your computer. View the tutorial on Saving Files here.
Impress presentations save by default as .odp file types and can only be opened by LibreOffice Impress. This is okay for schoolwork, because your teachers have LibreOffice on their computers and can open your files.
If you need to save your Impress .odp document as a Microsoft PowerPoint .ppt file, change the Save As Type drop-down menu (step 6 in the File Saving tutorial) to Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP (.ppt). You will see the following message: This document may contain formatting or content that cannot be saved in the Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP file format. Do you want to save the document in this format anyway
- Click Yes/Keep Current Format to save in the Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP file format
- Click No/Save in ODF Format to use the latest OpenDocument file format and be sure all formatting and content is saved correctly
Opening a Previously Saved Presentation
- Open Impress by clicking the Start menu > All Programs > LibreOffice.org > click LibreOffice.org Impress.
- Click File > Open.
- Find the file on your computer. School files are usually in My Documents. If you are not sure where you saved your file, view the tutorial on Finding Files.
Other Related Support Topics ...
- Introducing LibreOffice Impress
- Creating a Presentation Using the Wizard
- Slide Show Settings
- Inserting Pictures