Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School’s computer-based curriculum and instruction engage and educate special education students with a rich infusion of multimedia features.
Special Education Resource Teachers…
- Help students with assignments.
- Modify and present assignments in a different mode to ensure understanding and success.
- Work with home facilitators on how best to assist their child with academics.
- Communicate (via phone, multimedia room, email) with students on a weekly, daily or as needed basis.
- Provide one-on-one instruction time with students in the multimedia room.
- Conduct IEP meetings annually and reconvene them as needed.
- Research and provide assistive technology or supplemental software programs.
- Provide quarterly IEP Progress Reports to Home Facilitators indicating student progress toward goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with regular education teachers on how best to meet the needs of each individual student.
Since PALCS is self-paced, the special education program works well for students with medical disabilities that require frequent hospital stays or rehabilitation at home. Upon request, a laptop computer can be provided so that students can attend school from the hospital. Furthermore, students can access their school work at all hours of the day, night, and during the weekend.
All questions should be directed to Jamie Jenkins, Supervisor of Special Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.