PALCS students participate in the yearly Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) and Keystone Exams.
Since 2006, PALCS students have experienced academic gains every school year, including:
- Exceeding state graduation requirements: 88% for the 2011 school year, the only cyber charter school to exceed the PA state average of 83%
- Consistently meeting 96-98% test participation requirements
- Making Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) in 2009-2010 by meeting 100% of targets, including performance, participation and graduation
The following graphs show the overall performance increase of our students reading and math PSSA scores from 2006-2012:
The SAT/ACT Preparatory Course will utilize the number2.com website to increase a student’s understanding of the SAT/ACT exam. This course will build a student’s vocabulary, reading and math skills using teacher monitored tools and additional materials.
In this course students will:
- Improve reading comprehension
- Learn college level vocabulary
- Practice writing timed essays
- Increase understanding of college level math
- Expand grammar usage
It is recommended, but not required, that students take the PSAT prior to enrolling in this course.
Looking for other grades or courses? Visit our curriculum page!
Download Your Complete Copy of the 2017-2018 Course Catalog!
In addition to the course information presented above, the full course catalog is available as a .pdf download, showcasing all courses and programs for the 2017-2018 school year.