PALCS students participate in the yearly Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) and Keystone Exams.
Since 2006, PALCS students have experienced academic gains every school year, including:
- Exceeding state graduation requirements: 88% for the 2011 school year, the only cyber charter school to exceed the PA state average of 83%
- Consistently meeting 96-98% test participation requirements
- Making Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) in 2009-2010 by meeting 100% of targets, including performance, participation and graduation
The following graphs show the overall performance increase of our students reading and math PSSA scores from 2006-2012:
The SAT/ACT Preparatory Course will utilize the number2.com website to increase a student’s understanding of the SAT/ACT exam. This course will build a student’s vocabulary, reading and math skills using teacher monitored tools and additional materials.
In this course students will:
- Improve reading comprehension
- Learn college level vocabulary
- Practice writing timed essays
- Increase understanding of college level math
- Expand grammar usage
It is recommended, but not required, that students take the PSAT prior to enrolling in this course.
Looking for other grades or courses? Visit our curriculum page!