This ½ credit elective prepares students to be effective and productive users of Microsoft Office Excel, the industry standard for presentation software. This course will meet various PA Academic Standards along with National Standards for Technology Literacy and National Business Education Association Standards.
In this course students will use MS Excel 2007 to:
- Enter and manipulate data in cells including insert, delete and move cells and check spelling
- Manage and create workbooks using templates and save workbooks using different names and file formats
- Format and print worksheets, apply and modify cell formats, apply styles, use automated tools to format worksheets and modify page set up options
- Modify workbooks, insert and delete worksheets and use 3-D references
- Create and revise formulas, use statistical date and time and financial and logical functions in formulas
- Create and modify graphics, position and print charts
- Collaborate on workbook worksheets, create hyperlinks, view and edit comments and convert worksheets into web pages
Additionally, this course can prepare students to take the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (MOS) exam for Excel 2007. The MOS certification exam, a recognized standard in the business world, allows students to demonstrate proficiency in the use of the software. Certification tests are offered at various locations in Pennsylvania and scheduled online through Certiport, a test scheduling service (http://www.certiport.com/PORTAL/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=1&roleid=101). Certification test vouchers may be purchased for approximately $95.75 per exam or approximately $115 per exam with a retake option. Passing the MOS certification exam may earn students one college credit hour as recommended by the American Council on Education.