This is a two-year course, offered as an enrichment option, to expose students to French and Spanish languages and cultures at an early age. Students will be exploring one language for a full year and the other language the following year, in a rotating cycle.
In this course, students will:
- Be introduced to the Spanish and French languages
- Begin to learn the sound system of the two languages
- Learn basic vocabulary such as greetings, colors, food, and family
- Be introduced to the cultures of the Spanish and French speaking worlds
- Learn language through song, video, interactive websites, and more
In order to be considered for enrollment, students must be functioning on or above grade level in Language Arts.